Financial Client Service / Operations Associate
Northstar Financial Planning (www.northstarfp.com)
Fee-Only Wealth Management firm located in Windham, NH
We are an all women firm seeking an exceptional team member to help support the overall client relationship and create an exceptional client experience!
This position requires a pro-active approach and ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment and ability to take initiative and prioritize daily tasks. The ability to manage time effectively and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
Personal qualities should include: strong organizational skills, correct oral and written language skills, mature judgment, professional appearance, initiative, adaptability, an extremely high level of attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with existing firm clients while providing outstanding, personalized service
- Ensure any inquiries from the public are addressed and provide information about Northstar as needed
- Handle client service issues as they arise
- Ensure Advisers are adequately prepared for client meetings, including all client account paperwork (appropriate applications, forms, consolidated statements, client deliverables, etc.)
- Coordinating with team members to ensure that the team’s goals and deadlines are met, working with team to provide seamless back up and workflow
- Manage new client onboarding process
- Handle client meeting follow-up tasks as delegated
- Work with custodians to ensure all paperwork is processed accurately and efficiently. Update advisors and clients on progress.
- Update and manage CRM, Portfolio Reporting System and Financial Dashboard
- Prepare, edit and proofread several types of client correspondence
- Investment administration and assist with trading
- Screen all incoming calls and route messages to appropriate team members
- Manage client recognition cards and gifts
- Manage client events, including ordering, shopping and providing support.
- Maintain risk awareness and regulatory knowledge
- Maintain and organize client records. Scanning & filing documents into an electronic database
- Ensure that conference rooms, meeting rooms and reception areas are ready for client and team meetings.
- Greet visitors/clients and offer beverages and/or anticipate any requirements associated with each client.
- Other miscellaneous administrative tasks
Professional Growth & Development:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all team members to become familiar with the specific needs of each client
- Provide thoughts and feedback relative to operational procedures for servicing clients including making recommendations for increased efficiency within the current process and technology improvements
- Provide support on firm level projects as requested
- Keep up to speed with in-office training and technology implementations
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in a brokerage or financial services firm or financial planning and/or wealth management department in a bank
- High level of attention to detail and typing accuracy
- High follow through with the ability to consistently deliver high quality results
- Goal and service-oriented professional who is resourceful and comfortable in a highly team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic
- Exercise confidentiality in all aspects of your work
- Ability to work with various personality types
- Typing speed of at least 65 wpm
- Ability to adapt to new and changing technology, industry advancements and efficiencies
- High level of computer literacy – IT experience helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Able to pass a financial industry background check
Salary and Benefits:
Northstar Financial Planning is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation, based on experience.
Benefits currently include 401(k) with a 3% company match, health subsidy, PTO during first year of employment (25 days of vacation, sick and holidays TOTAL COMBINED) and continuing education.
Instructions for applying for this position:
Please submit cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format.
Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter that states why you would be a good fit for this position and the compensation range you wish to discuss. Also, in your cover letter, please describe your three most defining characteristics or attributes. This exercise is meant to show us your writing skills and ability to follow directions as well as to help us get to know you. Note that you must follow these exact instructions, or your resume will be rejected. Thank you.
Our hiring process includes a 15 - 30 minute phone interview conducted by our consultant (who is the hiring manager for this position), completing a Career History Form with additional background information, a Kolbe and/or Caliper assessment, possible MS office skills assessment, and a background check.
About Northstar Financial Planning
Northstar is a Fee-Only, Wealth Management and Financial Life and Transition Planning Firm that provides expert advice, structured processes and personalized, caring service to individuals, families and business owners. Throughout our lives, we experience transitions that can often be difficult and upsetting to navigate alone.