Founded in 1994 as a New Hampshire-based Registered Investment Advisor firm, Northstar serves clients within our New England community, as well as several other states, including Minnesota, Florida, Colorado Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Mexico. Northstar Financial Planning, Inc. is an independent financial life planning and wealth management firm. Applying a client-centric, Fee-Only compensation approach, we provide comprehensive financial services and expert advice for business executives, professionals, small business owners, families, retirees and women.
Recognizing that wealth is only one component of well-being, we have developed our business accordingly, offering experienced care within a positive, personalized environment. We have allied our core team of in-house professionals with recognized coaching and credentialing programs — including The Kinder Institute of Life Planning; the Sudden Money® Institute and its Women, Meaning and Money® program; and the Certified Financial Planner® certification program.
We feel we engage best with families and individuals seeking professional wealth management and life planning services. Our specialized focus is on assisting business owners, widows and others to manage their money during significant transitions.
But there is much more to us than the sum of our parts. While we strive to offer a distinct approach to financial, wealth and life planning, the truth is, we are not the only firm offering similar strategies. We differentiate ourselves not only by what we do, but how we do it, and who we are as unique individuals.
- Read Our Client Pledge
Our Northstar Client Pledge
- We will be a committed partner in helping you achieve what is meaningful in your life. What we do as your financial life planner can have tremendous leverage on your future happiness. We take that responsibility very seriously.
- We will never do anything during our relationship that we do not feel is in your highest interests.
- We will strive to help you build your wealth. A strong financial foundation allows you the freedom to pursue options that can bring fulfillment and satisfaction.
- We will try to help you understand and define your values. We seek to help you clarify what is important in your life. Values — not just numbers — should be the focus for your financial life planning process.
- We believe the best way to achieve financial goals is to embrace the life-long discipline of the financial life planning process.
- We practice what we preach. We work to keep a clear vision of our own future and to achieve balance in our personal and professional lives.
- We give our time and money to support worthwhile local and national charities and regularly provide pro bono financial planning services to those who otherwise could not afford us.
- We are passionate about what we do, and we devote time and energy to the continued development of our profession.